About This Policy
TransGlobal Holding Company and its subsidiaries (collectively, “we,” “us,” or “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who visits our website or engages our services. This comprehensive Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) was created to tell you about our policy and practices regarding collection, use, storage, and disclosure of information collected when you access our website where this notice is posted, obtain products or services from us, or otherwise engage or interact with us in person or electronically. It also applies to any outreach, informational, and marketing emails we may send.By accessing our website, registering with us, and/or utilizing any products or services obtained from us, you signify that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms of this Notice and the application of any applicable laws and regulations. Whenever you submit personal data and any other information via this website, you acknowledge that data and information will be collected, used, and disclosed in accordance with this Notice.Our goal is to process personal information as necessary for our legitimate business purposes in a transparent manner. If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices, please contact us as set forth in the Contact Us section below.
Generally, our policy is to collect only the personal information necessary for agreed purposes, and we ask our clients only to share personal information when it is needed for those purposes. Given the diversity of the services we provide, the types of personal information relating to you that we may "process" (such as collect, use, and store) depends on your interaction with us. In the course of offering services or products to you or your household, we may collect or receive about you which constitutes personal information. Generally speaking, personal information is any information that can be used, directly or indirectly, to identify, locate or contact someone. Types of personal information include names, physical addresses, mailing addresses, social security numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, bank account numbers and driver’s license numbers. Under certain circumstances, personal information may also include other information that can reasonably link to a particular person, such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, unique device identification numbers, employment information, medical information and internet activity.
The key categories and types of personal information that we may collect and process are set out below.
- Contact Details (e.g., name, email address, phone number, and postal address);
- Other Identifying Information (e.g., social security number, driver’s license number, state identification card number, passport number, passwords and other security information for authentication and access, medical information, insurance information);
- Professional or Employment-Related Information (e.g., job details, role and experience, current or past job history or performance evaluations, and education records);
- Family Information (e.g., e.g., dependents and other household information);
- Financial Details (e.g., salary, payroll cards, bank account information, and other financial-related details such as income, investments and other financial interests, benefits, tax status).
For certain services, and when permitted by law, we may also collect sensitive or special categories of personal information, such as demographic information. Examples include race, national origin, age, religion or creed, political opinions, marital status, genetic data, biometric data, medical condition, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, trade union membership, veteran or military status, and criminal records.
Generally, we collect personal information directly from our clients or from a third party acting on the instructions of the client.
Categories of Use
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes: Some of our services require us to process personal information to provide advice and deliverables. For example, we may use personal information to:
- Provide professional services to our clients;
- To contact you and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- Communicate with you about open and pending matters; and
- To administer, manage, develop, and run our business (such as managing our relationship with clients, developing our businesses and services, identifying client needs and improvements).
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: With consent or otherwise in accordance with applicable law, we use personal information to provide our clients and prospective clients with information about us and our range of services that we think will be of interest. For example, we may use personal information to:
- Send you relevant articles, posts, and updates;
- Send you information about events that we think may be relevant to you; and
- Provide you with other information from and about TransGlobal Holding Company, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services and Website: We may use personal information to:
- Improve our websites;
- Provide and maintain functionality on our websites; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our websites.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: Personal information may be processed as a part of the security monitoring that we undertake, such as automated scans to identify harmful emails. Personal information may be collected and held as a part of our client engagement acceptance procedures, including carrying out searches using publicly available sources, to ensure there are no issues that would prevent us from working with a particular client, to protect our company and others, and to prevent fraud, theft, and misconduct.
- Legal: As with any provider of professional services, we are subject to legal, regulatory, and professional obligations, including reporting requirements. Subject to these obligations, as described in the Information Retention section below, we retain certain records, which may contain personal information, to demonstrate that our services are provided in compliance with these obligations. We may also use personal information defend and protect our company, property, and others through legal proceedings.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect information from the following sources:
We collect information directly from you: We collect contact information directly from you.
We collect information from you passively: We collect Internet and other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies.
We collect information about you from third parties: We may collect other identifying information and contact information from third parties. This might include our customers, social media websites, previous employers, your healthcare provider, institutions, your legal or financial advisors and your bank.
Combining Information: We combine information we obtain from different sources with publicly available information.
When We Share Information with Third Parties
With related entities: We may share information with our related affiliates. These include companies such as Transpacific Financial, Inc., TransGlobal Tax Services LLC, TransGlobal Advisory, LLC, Golden Star, Inc., Grand Resources Financial LLC, Globalink Securities, Inc., TransGlobal Benefits, LLC, TransGlobal Retirement Services, Inc, and TransGlobal Education Group.
With service providers who do things on our behalf: For example, we may share information with a vendor who hosts and manages document review, or who assists with providing technology and user assistance.
We share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law: This includes cooperating with law enforcement when we think it is appropriate, obtaining legal remedies or limiting our damages, and protecting the rights, safety and/or property (your property, our employees’, or others).
Marketing Emails: You can opt-out of marketing emails by following the instructions in the message we send. We may also give you choices about other emails you receive from us.
You have choices about our tracking tools that are not required for our website to function. The choices you select are browser and device specific. Some browsers can also be set to reject cookies.
Our Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature. It lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want them to track your online activity. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our sites are thus not currently set up to respond to these signals.
You can learn more about cookies and set cookies preferences at allaboutcookies.org, www.aboutads.info/choices/, and www.networkadvertising.org.
By continuing to browse on our website, you consent to us deploying cookies as described in this policy.If you do not wish to accept cookies from our website or would like to stop cookies being stored on your device in the future, you can change the settings to decline and/or delete cookies. See the "Help" section your browser menu for guidance on how to do this. Note that changing cookie settings may affect certain features within our website.
Information Is Stored in the United States
Information we collect is stored in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, be aware that information you submit will be transferred to the United States and you consent to this transfer. You understand that the United States may not provide the same level of protections as the laws in your country.
We Use Standard Security Measures
We use industry standard measures that are consistent with applicable privacy and security laws to protect personal information. No website is completely secure, however. We encourage you to use websites and share information with caution.
We access, retain, store and use information for the least amount of time necessary pursuant to our relationship with you (e.g., to provide you with or access to our services), in accordance with our data retention policies and applicable law. Personal information may be held for longer periods where extended retention periods are required by law, regulation, or professional standards, and to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights. We do not collect more personal information than is necessary to fulfill our obligations to you or at law or for purposes stated in this policy.
Our Website May Have Third Party Links
Our website may have links to third party content. We do not control that content or the third party’s privacy practices. We encourage you to read their privacy policies to understand how they use your information.
Information Collection from Children
Our website is not directed to children under the age of 13 (if you are located in the United States) and under the age of 16 (if you are located outside the United States). We do not knowingly collect information, including personal information, about persons under the applicable age listed above. If you are using our TransGlobal Education services, we may receive limited information about children from you during enrollment for valid business purposes, as described in TransGlobal Education Group’s Terms of Service. If you are using our services to file personal tax returns, we may receive information about children from you. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age listed above, we will promptly delete it. If you believe that we have mistakenly collected information from someone under the applicable age listed above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Customer Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, under certain circumstances and in accordance with applicable law, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA Rights”) may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. This section describes those rights and how you can exercise them with TransGlobal Holding Company.
CCPA Rights Requests
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information in the preceding 12 months.
You can request the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you (also called a data portability request). To submit a request for this information, please send an email to email@example.com using “California Request to Know Information” in the subject line of your email.
You can also request the following categories of information:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
To submit a request for this information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using “California Right to Know Categories” in the subject line of your email.
For all requests regarding the right to know as described above, you must provide us with your name, email address, and phone number. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Failure to provide all of the foregoing information will prevent us from processing your request. Further, in order to verify your identity, we will match that information to the information we have in our systems. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you must send a signed, written authorization to us at email@example.com.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.); or
- Internal Use: to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e., to improve our services) and reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
We will also maintain a record of your CCPA Rights requests.
Please note that if we delete your personal information, services provided may not maintain the same functionality. For example, your previous opt out requests will not be saved and saved preferences and information will no longer be available.
To submit a request to delete, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us at 626.447.7888 to submit your request by phone. You must provide us with your name, email address and phone number. Failure to provide all of the foregoing information will prevent us from processing your request. Further, in order to verify your identity, we will match that information to the information we have in our systems. Additionally, some requests may be subject to the company’s identity verification procedure. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you must send a signed, written authorization to us at email@example.com, or alternatively, you may send the written authorization by mail to the address below.
If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your personal information.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We do not currently and will not sell (as sell is defined in CCPA) any personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA Rights and we will not deny you services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of services if you exercise any of your CCPA Rights.
If you have questions about this policy, or the privacy practices of TransGlobal Holding Company, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can write to us at:
TransGlobal Holding Company185 W. Chestnut Ave.Monrovia, CA, 91016
We May Update This Policy
We may update this policy from time to time. The updated policy will be posted on our website. Your continued use of the website after we post a revised policy signifies your acceptance of the revised policy.